Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday Ball Game

New home, friends and birthday cheers


This year, though its not the first year I have been away for our birthday (danny has the same bday and me), but it is the first year that I have been living somewhere else.  This being said things were real different this year.  I ended up having a great time and all, however just seemed strange to me.

Tides Game
I was getting ready for the day and kinda realized all my friends were back at home, although ended up wishing me a happy birthday through texts and facebook messages, it seemed very odd to not have any of them around.  Dont get me wrong, I have made a good number of new friends and we ended up going to a baseball game and having a bbq at our house the day of, but it was a whole different experience than our normal birthdays.

First good thing was that Danny was able to get the day off work if he went to the tides game, a AAA baseball team here in Hampton roads.  For me this meant we got to go to the game, and all his friends would be there, if for nothing else but to skip work.  With that news we headed off to the game and tried to meet up with everyone we could, rounding people up for a BBQ we wanted to have after the game.

Luckily we had a good number of people that showed up and ended up having a great time that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment