Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wine and Dine California Style

Bringing home to me

So back at home we used to have wine and cheese parties about once a year or so.  These are smaller get together s where everyone dresses up (a great excuse to play dress up for the night) and brings a bottle of wine and a cheese to pair with it.

The beauty of these things are you get to taste a bunch of different wines and cheeses without having to spend 100s of dollars buying each bottle of wine and every cheese.  A few years ago I found this amazing Apricot cheese at one of these parties... something I would have never tried on my own.

Anyway to people here in Virginia it seemed to be somewhat of a new concept.  I knew that I came from wine country in all, but most people our age just don't appreciate wine I guess.  So we gave it our best shot at explaining things and I'm glad we did... turned out to be a great night.

If you like wine and cheese I would definitely suggest that you hold one of these get togethers, it truly is a great way to taste lots of different wines without having to live next to the wineries.

No comments:

Post a Comment